Wednesday, October 24, 2007

dark green enough to be blue

10/18/07
10/21/07
10/24/07

My batteries died right after the flash went off so unfortunately I don't have a photograph of the meal prepared or the company I enjoyed. However, I think this picture captures nearly everything. Since I have yet to buy new batteries, I'll take this time to reflect.
Previous attempts of mine at reaching an understanding of my obsession with food turn up a recondite mish-mash of vineyard imagery and burrito cravings. I would accept this as some evolved adipocyte-ID synergy, but I went to college so I know better. Like all phenomena, the root cause is far more complex and at this stage in my life hindsight is too muddled by the mischief of memory. Although I have salvaged some vivid recollections of being a schoolboy in India and eagerly awaiting a school holiday so I could watch Yan Can Cook< which aired on weekdays during school hours. Also, The Boxcar Children series largely appealed to me because of its' devotion to the diet of those orphaned youth. Seriously, go back and check those books out. These two memories however fall on the timeline after the illusive germinal experience that shaped my obsession.

No comments: