Sunday, October 7, 2007

Coffee Cantata


As hard as it is to imagine that first instance of a wandering primitive yuppie taking in the aroma of a sun-drenched coffee plant then accidentally spilling his hot water supply on the plant, then slipping on a baby dinosaur under said plant only to have the new coffee solution fall on his tongue, it is easy to comprehend the beverages subsequent meteoric rise to global fame. When I woke up this morning realizing that all I had in my house was a frozen cucumber and some finely ground coffee beans, I didn't descend into abject despair. No, I immediately flipped the switch to off on my long term survival machinery and embraced the short-term reward of a decadently sweet and potent mug of turkish coffee. The next three hours were ripe with coffee daydreams of great deeds to be done and of course the writeup of those deeds and their feerless visionary in Time Magazine.
Now that the KOFFEE KRAZIES are winding down, in favor of more reasoned judgement I have decided to contract out my plans to allow for more august pursuits like finding a spot INSIDE my house that can not be seen from OUTSIDE my house.

No comments: