Saturday, November 10, 2007

Get Real Paid


10-30-07

I went shopping three days ago to buy ingredients to make chili and in the process bought a few other ingredients I thought I could make a quick meal with before I treat myself to chili on Thursday. So aftere trying to recal memories of my mothers cooking and a brief instructional conversation with Neela I made a very simple potato curry. There are two different versions of the curry shown in the picture, the major difference being the pans used and as a result the time course of the heat on the food. The stainless steel pan version on the right didn't burn the onions and garlic as much as the non-stick pan version on the left did. Would the onions have burned if I'd used less and added the potatoes sooner; or is it mostly a matter of tempering the flame and having better control of the heat? Of course it's a bit of both. The thought process behind the creation of the flavor profile was brief but it tasted good enough to put off the study of seasoning for another day

No comments: